My Metabolic Rate Is Stuck

My Metabolic Rate Is Stuck

Friday, September 24, 2010

Stressed out and Halloween...not in the same context.

Spent Wednesday and Thursday in the hospital with my mother.
My brother, Stan, phoned me Tuesday night and let me know what was going on. He lives about 20 minutes from her.... I live about 1 hour 20 minutes away.  Anyway....the admitting tests showed that she has a *huge* clot behind her heart in her lung. They ran more tests on Wednesday and found more clots in both legs.
I stayed home today, to take care of Peepers, and Stan calls this morning and tells me they have taken her off her medications, one of which was a shot in her side. Seems they could not get her bleeding to stop, just from the shot. Not quite sure what we are going to do....but seriously thinking about getting a second opinion. Getting contradicting stories from everyone about what should be done.....this is soooo stressful!!!!!  Going back up tomorrow to find out more.

Good news...Peepers and I had time today, to put some finishing touches on the main bathroom that we are decorating in Halloween....just a few more ideas...then pictures.  :)  She loves to help and be involved in things like that and it's fun to see how proud she is of her own accomplishments and ideas.

I know it's early to put up Halloween decorations, but I *LOVE* Halloween.
There is so much a person can do with purple, blues, black and orange and bits of yellow.  The decorations that are accessible now are amazing, there are so many ideas to work with. 
Since we live so far out, we rarely get company, so we are the only ones to enjoy it...seems silly sometimes but I love to do it.
When I lived closer to town, we use to have Halloween parties and they were so much fun....to dress up and see everyone else dress up...it's like a fantasy of good fun, one night a year. and it's different and creative every year. 
And then to get dressed up for the trick or treater's.... to hand out candy.
The smiles on the little ones faces, as you *try* to guess who they are, is priceless. They are always so proud of their costumes.

There are a lot of people that may disagree with me, and only think it's evil, and the devils work, but I look upon it as fun and a time to be more creative every year.
Halloween is what a person makes it to be. I choose the happy, fun side of it, maybe a "little" scary...it depends on what you think of spiders and skulls, and those things you can find in biology and science lab/rooms.

So......WHAT do you plan to be this Halloween?  =)

3 reactions to todays post:

Linda said...

I'm so boring. We live in a really small town with no little ones, so the candy I do buy, we, the hubs and I, eat it!

We enjoyed Halloween when our kids were little, and we always had lots of treats for the little 'goblins'.

Mental P Mama said...

I have always loved Halloween...and I hope your mom is okay....

Laura ~Peach~ said...

glad to hear on FB that your mom is better... i like halloween but dont do much with it... i do believe i am kinda lazy and not really creative.