Last weekend, the Diva and one of her friends(Gym) spent the weekend with us.
It was a BEAUTIFUL weekend! We had plans to go to one of the areas Corn Mazes...but when she found out I was going to buy some birds for the 'new' birdcage, she decided we should do that first instead! So off to the local Pet store...I knew what I wanted...Finches. I've had them before. Max and Mabel even had several babies before I gave them up. But I really missed that little chirping sound they use to make. The Diva wants me to get something she can hold and pet etc... and she ususally gets her way....except this time....after we spend 20-30 minutes in the store, while I am trying to decide on the breed I want ....we finally come home with 2 Spice Finches. If you know anything about birds, you know that Finches are the flightiest birds on the planet. Small and quick and hard to catch....(It took the guy at the store several times before he could catch the 2 for us...they kept getting away from him) We get them home...go into the bathroom, shut the door (we have two cats) and start setting up the cage....Of course, Diva HAS to be the one to put them into their new home....okay!! Whoops! IT got away! So there we are, all 3 of us (Gym too) in the bathroom chasing a bird. Next one, I tell Diva, I will get and that won't happen! Whoops! Wrong! All the while we are in the bathroom(chasing birds) the Rock is sitting in his recliner listening to us and Beans and Booker (cats) are waiting at the door, just hoping we slip up might open up that door. Whew! We finally get them in! But now I have to hang them up so HIGH and away from any objects that the kitens can't climb on, that I can barely see them!
BUT at least I can hear that sweet lil chirping sound!
So meet...."Louie" and "Chanel". (named by the Diva and Gym)
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Last Weekend...
Posted by Unknown at Thursday, October 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 reactions to todays post:
Post a Comment