Pray without ceasing.
1 Thessalonians 5:17
December has been very busy and very stressful this year!
Rock had a heart attack, on the 9th. I prayed all the way to the hospital that he would be okay, and immediately sent out word for him to be listed on several prayer chains. And THANKS be to Prayer and God, he is back home with me.
Now I have the stress of, will it happen again???
All I can do is put my Faith and Trust in God that it will NOT!
Christmas was extremely skimpy this year,. but stopping to think about it all, it is not the amount of gifts or the amount of money that you spend on the gifts that is important. Although, I'm ashamed to say, that has always been what is expected. With all the commercialism and competitiveness in today's world it seems that we all try to outdo ourselves to make this the "best" Christmas possible and yet that is not the meaning of what Christmas is all about! I realize all of this and yet I feel guilty that I could not get everyone as much as I wanted to give.
Rock and I did get the "best" Christmas letter from the Diva, telling us how much she loves us, and thanking us for always being there for her, financially, physically and emotionally and everything else we do for her and she is proud to be family. She is the sweetest, most thoughtful, caring granddaughter a person could ever ask for! I am SO VERY PROUD of her and the young lady she is growing up to be.
And Peepers got her "ZhuZhu" pet!! A mechanical toy "hamster" that makes all the noises like a real hamster without the mess :)
Along with a complete city for it to run in! She also got her "LuLu" kitty, another mechanical toy, cat, that looks and acts like a real cat, even though she has 2 real cats! PP told me this AM that "LuLu" started meowing under the Christmas tree this morning and Peepers knew immediately what it was and was so excited that Santa brought her "LuLu"
I LUV watching new little ones discovering the wonders all around them.!
and Rock's kids


4 reactions to todays post:
what a lovely bunch our christmas was more skimpy than normal but still lovely to be together.
glad the rock is feeling better and now dont you stress yourself right into bad health ...
So sorry to hear about Rock but so glad he is home. I will put him on my prayer list.
It looks like you had the BEST Christmas ever! There is nothing "skimpy" about family!
Merry Christmas GF!
<><
There is nothing skimpy about love.
You are blessed with a beautiful family. Wishing all the best of good health for Rock and your entire family in 2010.
So glad your Rock is doing so well! And beautiful, beautiful family;)
Post a Comment