Sorry about the language but....not having Health care Insurance really SUCKS!!!!
For the last couple, three weeks, my chest has been r e a l l y tight....and I can't really cough because it is so dry....then when I do cough, it is hard to breathe. Tuesday was super bad...I could not walk from one room to the other without struggling to breath....so yesterday I spent all morning on the phone trying to get into one of the community health centers....to shorten the post...I ended up going to Urgent Care, seen a Dr that has a reputation for "herding" patients through ....he came into the room with his little laptop and only repeated what I had told the MA, then proceeded to tell me the medications he was going to prescribe, then he was out the door!
He gave cost me plenty $$$ for an antibiotic and an inhaler. Anyway, I'm hoping they help by tomorrow!
Okay now for some GOOD news....Kim's little Yorkshire Terrrier, Miley, had 4 puppies early this morning....hope to see them later today. That is a LOT of puppies, because Miley is so small and this is her first litter!
Ren had such a good time she did not want to leave!
Last night Brian brought home the buck that he had shot last fall.....and without a lot of wall space big enough to properly display him at the moment, he is hanging in the family room in place of all of the grandkids pictures.... going to have to re arrange things!
Brian's name and picture of the buck will appear in Crockett's (?) book for one of the largest buck shot with a "bow and arrow" for last season....YAY!
I'm so very PROUD of him! :)


5 reactions to todays post:
For a whole bunch of years, we didn't have health insurance. Thankfully we found a general practitioner that gave us reduced rates since we were self-payers. Even though it didn't solve the problem, it was a relief to know we had a place to go.
I don't know what the answer is to the health insurance problem, but I don't think Obamacare is. I do know, if you have respiratory problems on a fairly regular basis, it would pay for you to purchase a pulmo-aide. You would be able to give yourself your own breathing treatments. You can buy them from a Durable Medical Equipment company.
A tea kettle boiling on the stove will put moisture in the air too, to help loosen the phlegm.
Congrats on the puppies. I'm looking forward to the pictures!
I hope things will work out for the school for the kids too.
I've been without healthcare insurance before, and it can be rough. I have several medications I need on a regular basis, and some cost over $100 a month - tough to come by when you are also without employment. You must have been miserable, but I hope with the help of the meds you will be well soon.
I have good insurance but there were several years when I didn't and I seemed healthier. When I did need a dr. I used Urgent Care, but I was usually really sick and would have ended up there or the ER anyway.
The new school looks great, and that buck is beautiful. I don't know much about hunting but I do know it's big in your neck of the woods. He looks good on that wall too.
Oh no! I am glad you got your meds, but, really, what are we going to do??? It really does stink...Feel better, and show us the puppies!
That buck is amazing...
Post a Comment