My Metabolic Rate Is Stuck

My Metabolic Rate Is Stuck

Sunday, March 7, 2010

our weekend...

Brian and I went to my brother's and sister-in-laws house Saturday to have an old fashioned sit down dinner with and for our Mother's 80th birthday.
Teresa (sister-in-law) fixed '"Poor Man Lobster Stew", made with salmon that my brother (Stan) had caught the previous summer. IT WAS SCRUPMTIOUS!

 
My mouth is still watering for more of it!
This is our Mother, 80 years old today.


Still getting around and she's not senile yet....
just a little slower than she used to be. :)

Stan and Teresa have just re done their kitchen and put all wood flooring in all of the rooms downstairs....  I LOVE the flooring and that is the one thing that I did not get a picture of.....guess I'm the one getting senile!
The pictures that I took of the kitchen really do not show how really beautiful it is,.....

Then I went out side and took pictures of their pond,.,.. I love it!  This is where I once caught a 26 inch catfish....really I have a picture of it somewhere.    The pond looked beautiful with the ice still on it.
had to get the flag pole and the pier too
the fountain in the middle ....
and the sandy beach area that Stan created for summertime fun!
  Now, I can't wait for summer to really get here!
*************************
Today we went to church, then to O'Charleys for brunch.
We were really on our way to the grocery store, and we stopped at Best Buys to get some sort of cable that Brian needed....well we got the cable and I also got a "new" camera......yipppeeee!!   \(^O^)/
Now ....to figure it all out!


4 reactions to todays post:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to your beautiful mother! Hey, I'm no where near 80 and believe me, I'm slowing down too.

I love the kitchen, and especially love the exhaust hood over the range.

Did you guys go ice skating on the pond?

Mental P Mama said...

Love the new kitchen! And my mother would have been 80 on the 17th...Happiest of Birthdays to your mother!

I Am Woody said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! She is a knockout:)

Big Hair Envy said...

Happy Birthday to your cute little mom!! Looks like the celebration was just perfect:)

Have you recovered from the wedding yet??