My Metabolic Rate Is Stuck

My Metabolic Rate Is Stuck

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

a QUICKIE post....

Another quick post...and it's not because we've been that "busy"....but little things keep me from being on here as much.....

Okay...last Friday we boxed up and took the 3 Roosters to the farm Auction....and in return we brought home 2 hens, of which I keep thinking I (we) might take them back...long story short..they are not what I expected.

Ooooh but they also auctioned a 1 year old Llama....I wanted that soooo bad...but unfortunately Rock kept the bidding number away from me....and it's really was a good thing..otherwise we would have come home with the Llama, a 3 yr old miniature PONY, 2 baby miniature goats and one really really cute bunny!

What really would have been bad is we don't even have a stable...let alone a barn!

YET!

Rock and I picked the rest of the green beans...re-tilled the rows and planted more green beans.

It has been less than a week and they are up already.

Peepers helped me clean the green beans to get ready for the freezing process.

She really helped out a lot longer than I expected her too...(she's "almost" 4 years old) and she did an excellent job. In her lil' pink apron! :)

My neighbor's friend owns property that use to belong to an Amish family.

There are 7 rows of blueberries, each row 1/2 mile long.

Along with 12 shorter rows of raspberries and about 30 apple trees.

We get to go and get whatever we want....so the first trip we picked blueberries and raspberries. I've already made some Raspberry Preserves out of the first batch.

Going to make Blueberry muffins and maybe some Blueberry jam.

Hopefully we can go back again this coming weekend for more.

And I think I showed you pic's of the purple sunflowers....I'm going to try to get some of those seeds for next year...especially since they cost a $1 a seed. But the pic below is of the "Mammoth Sunflowers" and they were'nt kidding.......these babies just keep growing and now reach a good 22 feet, if not taller. I am amazed. and so is everyone else that sees them.But then our tomato plants are now 8 ft 3 inches tall....I measured. A pic of them are on the other blog site....when they were still only 7 feet tall.

Everything in the 2 gardens are producing really well except the luffa and the green peppers. This is the second year now that the peppers have not produced like they should...so I think I'm moving their spot next year. And I'm really bummed about the luffa ....had soap making plans for that, for later this coming winter....
but I'm sure I'll think of something else.

What really has me BUMMED is...this is the end of July ALREADY!!!

WHERE has the summer gone???


6 reactions to todays post:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

wonderful stuff... 1/2 MILE od berries OH MY! love peepers helping with the beans... how adorable!
i love sun flowers but the squirrells here killed ours...

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

OK well I am totally impressed! You will be sending me a goodie bag for sure!
Can that Peppers get any prettier????

Good to hear from you chickie~ I know summer has been busy for us too!
Love You.

I Am Woody said...

I miss be able to have a garden:(

Unknown said...

Boy do you have a green thumb! When you come to Blogfest next year, you get to bring blueberry pies...ok, just bring the blue berries.!!!

Mary Ellen said...

I'm so overcome with jealousy, I almost can't type!!! Miles of berries????!!!!????

Good thing Peepers is so cute in her apron. It's distracting me from being overcome by the green monster.

Keeper Of All Things said...

Are you starting a farm???
YUMMY fresh food.