My Metabolic Rate Is Stuck

My Metabolic Rate Is Stuck

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

News News and more News

My "first" blog of the New Year, 2010.
This is going to be a milestone in my life.... I have NOT  had a cigarette for 10 hours now! Yep, I got up this morning, got my coffee, emptied the ashtray and left it in the kitchen, sat down in front of FaceBook and decided it's going to be Now or I will keep making excuses.
I'm having the usual cravings when I get into the car, after I eat, getting into the car a few more times today, and so far this is a record for me to have gone this long....it may not seem long to anyone else....but for me this is eternity...so far! Even sitting at the computer, where I have smoked the most...I am craving one....but if I don't do this on my own...I'm afraid I will never beat the habit! So if any of you out there are a tad bit religious....please say a little prayer to help me to get through and over with this!
When picking Peepers up from Preschool today, Her teacher, Mrs Mayberry (her real name), took me aside and said she dropped something under one of the tables and she asked Ren (Peepers real name) to get it for her, explaining to Ren  that she is so much younger and it would be so much easier, because she was so much older...Well... 4 year old Ren looked up at her and said "and I'm so much smarter".
THEN... one of my finches had died, ....did not want to replace it and have the poor live bird sitting in a freezing car all morning, so I had it in a baggie with recipets in the front seat of the car all morning till I picked up Ren, and we ate lunch. Walking into the pet store, right inside the door, she announces to everyone, so seriously....."THE BIRD DIED!"  Let me tell  you..., WE GOT HELP right away! So the guy gets us another bird boxed up and ready to go and hands the box to Ren, asking her if she could carry the new bird....well,... this made her day!! We get up to the register, where he is just making a new receipt, and she proceeds to tell this poor guy all about the 2 dogs that we have here....their names, what they like to do, and that Sugar is really "HER" dog... on and on, etc etc....so she asks the guy for a couple of doggy biscuits to take to them. OK.  So I ask her to give me the boxed bird to put inside my coat, (it is still only 7 degrees outside, but I did leave the car running) Well again, very seriously, not yelling, but in a firm voice, she announces to all..."He gave ME the bird to carry!"   OKAY... SO you really had to be there to experience the humor of it all! Because all the while, all 4 clerks are up front, taking all this in, from the moment we walked into the door!
And I'm rambling on...trying to keep my mind off of other things!
Not to mention the sugar high I am on from eating all this hard candy!
ALrighty....on to other things.....Alicia (known as PP) got us a Wii for Xmas!
And Rock and I have been playing the Tiger Woods PGA Golf 2010, every night!!! Who would have thought!!! This is FUN!!!  At first I was beating the socks off of him...but now....I'm gonna start practicing when he's not around :P
Then last night, we got some not bad, but not good news from Jamey....seems he and Shel are both moving to Korea for TWO years, taking baby Eliza with them of course. This was the best option for the both of them to be together......we are going to have to "master" that web cam so we can see more of Eliza and maybe she will remember us when they come back to the states.
OH. OH. OH....more "good News"  Dustin and Corinne are expecting and due in AUGUST!  ANOTHER baby!!!!!!   YEAH!!!!!
Gotta get my lil Peepers up from her nap......
Smiles and Hugs for everyone!!!!

6 reactions to todays post:

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Good golly! With all that going on I would have smoked a carton. But I have you in my prayers and you CAN do this. It took me 3 years of trying before I quit. Just dont give up. I'm proud of you!
<><

Laura ~Peach~ said...

you go girl... i am here for ya i quit on oct 19th... after over half my life of smoking... Got to love LOUD little girls LOL
HUGSSSSSS Laura

Unknown said...

hang in there girl! I quit three years ago and still know how much I loved my smokes. But, it gets easier each day. I will pray specifically for our Lord to give you strength and fortitude.
sorry about the bird. That Peepers is a hoot!

big hair envy said...

I don't know how you keep up with all of the wonderful, funny, and FUN things that are going on in your life this New Year!!! Sounds like Peepers keeps you and everyone else on their toes....LOVE it;)

ClassyChassy said...

I sure had to laugh about the bird incident! Kids can be so embarrassingly funny! I quit smoking about 37 years ago - a 2 pak a day habit - and have never looked back! Having coffee breaks and maybe talking on the phone for the first couple of weeks was difficult, but after that - it was a breeze! Don't give in to the cravings that stress provides you with! Be strong!

I Am Woody said...

Proud of you for taking that first step to quitting. Hope you are still on the wagon!!