My Metabolic Rate Is Stuck

My Metabolic Rate Is Stuck

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I LUV my Work!

I LUV LUV LUV my Work!the Greenhouse foliage

the Greenhouse annuals


the Nursery perennials

(still setting up for the season)

the Floral department

bulk seed (in the store)

The Greenhouse and the Nursery are still "setting up" for the season!
So things are really bustling around here!
I LUV my Work!
It is so exciting and refreshing every day to go to work!
We have had RECORD sales in the seed department.
Just to give you an idea,
Seed sales a year ago Monday were $159.00,
THIS YEAR, Monday, Seed sales were $1500.00.
I guess that really says something about the economy!
And Yes, we have been BUSY already!
I am working 10 hour days instead of 8.
I LUV LUV LUV my work!
I have already purchased my seeds for the season and just waiting for the garden to be tilled and fertilized! Actually, the cold crops should have been in already, but our time schedule and the weather have not cooperated together for this to happen yet.
So hopefully, sometime this weekend!
Oh. and the Rock was THRILLED to hear that I am expanding our garden area! :) Really, he agrees with me. Before we just a small area!
This year we are planting corn and beans and potatoes, along with a few other choice veggies!
AND I purchased this GREAT little book called;
"Carrots Loves Tomatos" by Louise Riotte.
It is all about companion gardening.
What vegetable, herb, or flower benefits
from growing with another vegetable, herb or flower!
AND we just got in these new Sunflower seeds.
The flower is PURPLE! IT is BEAUTIFUL!
and a little pricey, $1.00 per seed!
But hey, with my discount, I got 20 of the lil' guys!
I LUV LUV LUV my Work!
Now to play catch up with everyone else!


12 reactions to todays post:

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I could so love that job too!

I Am Woody said...

I am looking forward to some corn and tomatoes from my garden this summer. It has been a LONG time since we've been home for the summer!

Unknown said...

What a great job!

Predo said...

Oh, I have been looking for a new career move, and may have to seriously consider yours! Well, if the film industry and Lotto people don't call me back!!

Nice job! I want to rush out and get the purple sunflowers!!

Treasia Stepp said...

I am so happy to hear how much you love your job. Congratulations on it once again.

Keeper Of All Things said...

I could really use some flowers. No color in the front of my house.

Unknown said...

I have missed you SOOO much, but I completely understand. I would LOVE my job as well if I worked there! How amazing that you get to grow things every day.

I am a little jealous. I want a blue sunflower! Will you show photos of your garden as you grogress and give us growing tips? I am doing a huge container garden.

ClassyChassy said...

purple sunflowers? Imagine that...

Caution/Lisa said...

The rule around here is to plant after Mothers Day, so I'm thinking. The dog and rabbits ate all my flowers the last few years. This year I want to plant a veggie garden, but I have so much to learn. Wish you lived closer!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Blooger must be acting up- not able to leave you a comment on your current blog.

Happy Easter Chickie!
Love you!

Snooty Primadona said...

Actually, I have to agree with you. Working at making things grow is one of the things in my life I love the most. However, I'm soooo glad that I didn't plant my garden on Good Friday. We had a HUGE hail storm last night, lol.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

what a great job! Happy day after easter to you :)