My Metabolic Rate Is Stuck

My Metabolic Rate Is Stuck

Monday, November 23, 2009

Dear Santa....

Every year on Thanksgiving, at my parents (mom's) house, I print out about 15 Dear Santa letters. After we eat, I try to corral all of the kids (neices, nephews and my own grandkids) and have them make out their Christmas wish lists for Santa. I tell them I'm going to mail their letters to Santa for them....they love it!
Then for the next couple of weeks, I go through each and every letter and send them a "personalized" letter from Santa! It takes me at least that much time to put their own personalization on each letter.
This little tradition has come to mean so much to me....every year I get to see what they what and how they have grown in their wants and needs, because even the older kids, that know there is "no" Santa Claus, still look forward to their letters from Santa. And it warms my heart to see that sometimes all they want is something simple, such as a friend to get well that has had an accident, or for them to ask for gifts for the kids that usually don't get to have a Christmas and even peace on earth....
I have even started doing this for some of our friends kids....their parents actually mail me their letters to Santa.
I look forward and LOVE this part of Christmas!!!
SO TODAY, I am THANKFUL that I have a working computer to help make this little process alot easier!!!!!!!

4 reactions to todays post:

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

C~ you are one awesome chick!
<><

ClassyChassy said...

That is a great idea! Kids used to mail lists in to the post offices, and of course it went nowhere - but you are able to answer their letters, and how neat to see how their interests change as they get a bit older! Too cool!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

totally cool!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

You are an honest to goodness Angel! Santa couldn't ask for a better helper. So, where do I send that letter?

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!