Exciting past couple of days!
Had a GREAT time at Pepe's for Chase's 16th birthday! I "LUV" their Marguerita's there, they are the BEST! I still can't believe that my grandson is 16, though....WOW! Where did those years go?!
Rock got a Monster, 13 point, 230 lb (field dressed) Buck, Thursday and another Doe today. (2 Does,Total) ( and one coyete)We will start processing this 2nd doe tomorrow. Going to try out a new Summer Sausage recipe.
So far it was the biggest buck that has come in to be mounted, but the season has just begun. We've been told though, that it (the buck) will definatly make the Pope and Young Record! And "might" make the state record! Going to have it professionally scored this week! It is massive! I'm SO PROUD of him! (Rock)
He is still walking on cloud 10! So many of the "local" hunters around here are devastated...Rock got him with his bow 2 days before opening day of gun season. Everyone had nicknamed this Buck, Bullwinkle!
We should get him back February or March....just have to find a place with a lot of space to put him :)
I went to my Aunt and Uncles 50th Anniversay celebration today, it was also my uncles 80th birthday, although he does'nt look or act like 80 by no means! My Uncle has been in a band ever since I can remember. Everyone had a great time..good music, good food, good people! It was priceless to see them walk in...it was all a "Surprise" for them! Heartwarming!
NOW, The down side is, My computer DIED and I'm having to use Rock's laptop, which is slower than molasses! AND I've "lost" all of my pictures!!!! :( I cried! LITERALLY!
I have all kinds of pictures of Rock and his "buck" which I will post later....have to download them all differently now....I'm at such a LOSS without my computer.....maybe, my house will get cleaned now....I said MAYBE! I feel like I've lost my very best friend!!!
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Posted by Unknown at Saturday, November 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 reactions to todays post:
Awesome job, Rock!!
So sorry about your pictures - I learned that the hard way, too.
So sorry about your computer! I'd cry too if lost all my pictures.
I know nothing about hunting except in certain parts of the country it's huge. Congratulations to Rock!!
The murder of animals that are harmless to you is disgusting. We do not live in an area that hunts and i'm glad of it.
In the days when it was survival to hunt it was different. Why not go to you local store instead of killing animal families.
Post a Comment