What are your Beliefs/Superstitions to start out for the NEW YEAR ?
I already knew a few...but just for fun ...looked up more on SNOPES and
the following is what I've come up with.
- Kissing at Midnight for continued sucess with your mate
- Cupboards cannot be bare..stocking up on everything guarantees prosperity
- All bills are to be paid before January 1st...do not start out the New Year with the household in debt(WHEW...Got that right this year)
- Also, DO NOT pay back personal loans or lend money...you'll be paying out all year if this is done(After paying the bills...there is nothing left to loan)
- If the first person that enters your home, on the New Year, is tall and dark haired Male, means Good luck for the year...Blonde or Redheads and females are considered Bad Luck(who in their right mind is going to come way out here on New Years Day??)
- Do Not do laundry on NewYears day, lest a family member be washed away. (well there goes my plan to do the linens today)
- Make as much noise as possible at Midnight to ward off evil spirits (does it count if you're next door celebrating)
- Wear something new on New Year's day to insure new clothes the rest of the year(OK...I ran and put on that new turtleneck)
- Do not break anything on this day...wreckage will be a part of your year if done(I hav'nt touched a thing, except the keyboard all day)
- Do not let anything upset you to make you cry...it will set the tone for the next 12 months(hope that does'nt mean crying cause you're laughing so hard)
- LUCKY FOODS are BLACK EYED PEAS, Hamhocks, cabbage, lentils soup, the saying is Poultry scratches Backwards, a Cow stands still, a Pig roots forward....Likewise...Do Not eat Chicken or Turkey, to do so brings poverty (kind of late now...can't wait to find out what happens since that omelet this AM...the bacon, ham and sausage were mixed in with the "egg"....OH and there goes the T-Bones that were on the evening menu....guess its just BLT's now)
- NOTHING is to leave the house on the 1st day of the New year(not even trash), unless someone has entered first. (WHOOPS....missed that one too)
So....after reading about the "Beliefs/Superstitions" that I didn't know, I realized that I've been celebrating NewYears Day all wrong...and HOW did I survive all these years!



5 reactions to todays post:
I may be in trouble! I should have read this before I got up this morning!
Can I start over?
Love your blog so get ready to be sick of me!
I'm SO glad you came by for a visit today:) I chose the South Beach plan because (after the first two weeks) you can have red wine!!! I can't imagine being without my beloved beverage either!! Depending on the types of foods you enjoy, South Beach or Meditteranean might work for you. Glad you are going to play along!!!
I'm glad I didn't know any of that before. It turns out I've been doing it wrong, too!
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll be back to check on you to make sure you don't have any ill effects.
I am screwed. The only thing I did was eat my black-eyed peas. Hope that makes up for all the other stuff.
Post a Comment