My Metabolic Rate Is Stuck

My Metabolic Rate Is Stuck

Monday, January 5, 2009

Today is D-day...NO More CHOCOLATE.brownies.WINE.pies.BK.pasta.Caramel Macaiatto w/whipped creme.CHOCOLATE.doritos.cakes.WINE.fried foods.RESSES PEANUT BUTTER CUPS.KFC.breadsticks.chips n'dips.ice cream.big soft pretzels.cheese ball w/crackers.POPCORN.MickeyD's.cereal.LOADED BAKED POTATOES.bagels w/cream cheese.CHINESE FOOD.pastries. NOW I am really starving! JK! I really think I can do this! Especially with the encouragement of fellow bloggers and the SB website. Although the WINE I can re-introduce in about 2 weeks! And you can bet your shiny buckles on your pretty purple shoes that I will SAVOUR that MOMENT! AND the neighbor girl next door just came over with her "GIRL SCOUT COOKIE" ORDER FORM!!
BUT the PLUS side is, by the end of MARCH...I will once again get into my size 6/8's!
I figure if I put all this on my BLOG...I will HAVE TO STAY WITH IT!!
While I was surfing the web for more diet inspirations...I ran across the following article and thought it was worth posting......

Are you a couch potato in need of excuses for your slothful ways? Do you think calories burn themselves? If so, you could be the Laziest Loser. Turns out that you can burn calories while your treadmill gathers dust. Thanks to your body's basal metabolic rate, you could do nothing but sit around and still manage to "exercise." Just in time for your New Year's resolution, here are a few ideas on how to exercise effortlessly:Drinking ice water
Your body expends calories to bring the water to body temperature, so drink up.
8 calories a glass
Each 8-ounce glass burns one Life Saver candy's worth of calories. To lose a pound, you'd have to drink 435 glasses of water.
Drinking lots of cold water could lower your body temperature and mess with your digestion, and, in severe cases, result in anemia. Too much H{-2}0 might also lead to water intoxication.
Sleeping
Snooze yourself into that smaller pant size. While your body works the late shift, you're bound to burn a few calories.
64 calories an hour
You could Rip Van Winkle away a pound if you slept nonstop for 2.28 days.
People who sleep nine to 10 hours a night are 21 percent more likely to become obese during a six-year period than those sleeping seven to eight hours a night, one study showed.
Eating meat
The liver needs extra energy to synthesize the amino acids in protein. It's time to abandon that vegetarian diet.
30 percent of the calories you ingest during a meal
A protein diet is a nutritional disaster waiting to happen. Fiber, anyone?
Chewing gum
Give your jaws a workout, and you won't need to exercise as hard.
11 calories an hour
You could lose 10 pounds of body fat in a year if you chewed sugar-free gum during waking hours.
The repetitive stress of chewing could worsen jaw pain. And some chewing gums contain sorbitol, which can cause diarrhea.
Changing
channels
Using the remote control requires manual labor, right?
1 calorie per click
10,000 clicks later, you might lose a pound of fat.
The likelihood of obesity doubles when you spend three to four hours a day watching television.
Surfing the Web
Your brain works hard to process the information flying down the information highway. Meanwhile, your body is on cruise control.
99 calories an hour
Browse YouTube without food, water or sleep for three days, and you could be 1 pound lighter.
Browsing the Internet for hours at a time can lead to low energy levels and irritating eyestrain.
Lisa Merklin, a senior in the Ohio University School of Visual Communication, created this page for a layout-and-design class.

4 reactions to todays post:

Anonymous said...

I wish you had not listed so many of my favorites at the beginning of the post!!! You go girl.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I am there with you chickie! I hope to be back in my size 8's by spring. I have 20 lbs I want to shed!

We can do it =)

Mental P Mama said...

Isn't this going to be fun??? That's right. I said fun.

Big Hair Envy said...

You guys are making this challenge FUN for me!! I never knew how accountable I would feel to people I've never even seen before!!! We are going to be THE BIGGEST LOSERS ever!

South Beach seems to be a perfect fit for me....once I get to the point where I can have a glass of wine:)