My Metabolic Rate Is Stuck

My Metabolic Rate Is Stuck

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Vintage Thingies THURSDAY.....





Okay...As I am sitting here reading all of the NEW Posts for the day....I keep thinking to myself....WOW...Today is Tuesday and everyone is already talking about Vintage THURSDAY.


PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me that I am NOT getting ALZHEIMERS!!!


ALRIGHTY....TODAY is Vintage Thingies THURSDAY....so Please be sure to visit http://coloradolady.blogspot.com/


TODAY....Here are 3 pieces that I have now displayed above my cabinets.

(I Think I need a NEW Camera

These all belonged to my Beloved Grandmother AnnaBell.....The first is a flour sifter and I can remember using this to sift flour while baking. Back then I "thought" it was too time consuming and a waste of time...NOW I think it is the neatest little tool invented for that time period.

The other is a food chopper...it still has a cork piece in the bottom of the jar...this I never used...but I remember my Grandmother using it.

I specifically remember the Glass COOKIE Jar! Grandma would always make Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Raisin Cookies for my brother and me. I would get all of the Oatmeal Raisin cookies,he didn't like the raisins, although I do remember him sitting and picking them out! :) Grandma always had cookies for us and kept the jar on her small kitchen counter. She would allow us only 2 cookies at a time and if we were lucky ....we got there when they were still warm!

7 reactions to todays post:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful treasures you have and great memories to go along with them. I especially enjoyed reading about your grandmother baking cookies for you - priceless!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I love the memories!

Mental P Mama said...

Those are wonderful....and Annabell is such a beautiful Grandmother name.

Caution/Lisa said...

Shoot, I missed VTT AGAIN! Why is that so hard to remember?

littletoesandcheerios said...

Lovin' the flour sifter! Very cool.
And great to have things passed down from our grandparents.

Big Hair Envy said...

I can just taste those cookies! My grandmother made the same ones...Great memories:)

Chere said...

Thank you for sharing your Grandmothers things with me. I have things from my very much loved Granny. My Granny always had chocolate fudge or pound cake. I miss her each and every day. Thanks again.