My Metabolic Rate Is Stuck

My Metabolic Rate Is Stuck

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

VINTAGE Thingies THURSDAY

VINTAGE THINGYS THURSDAY......


GO over to Colorado Lady's Blog and Grab button and add your name....you know the drill...right?


















The OUTFIT....that a VERY YOUNG "DIVA" is wearing....

Was sent to me from my Uncle when he was overseas during the Korean War back in the EARLY 50's. Sadly he passed away, when he was in his mid 40's, (Cancer) before my kids really got to know him!

Hard to see in this pic...there is an embroidered dragon on the pink silk outfit with blue silk trim.

Along with my picture taken, each of my younger cousins (all 13 of them) have had their picture taken in this outfit! (Don't ask me why) AND OF COURSE Pleasing Procrastinator and both The DVIA and PEEPERS . This little outfit has appeared in alot of photos. A couple more years and this will be 60 years old! That sounds OLD!
I plan to have it framed within a couple of months.

25 reactions to todays post:

JEWELGIRL said...

Your young Diva wears the outfit
well, adorable! Wonderful story
too, it should be written on back of the outfit when you get it framed.
A great family keepsake!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

What a great outfit and story, like Jewelgirl said, be sure and writre the whole story on the back of the frame when you do get it mounted and framed.

^..^Corgidogmama said...

My gosh...that outfit looks new!
Someone knows how to do laundry!
Lots of history in that outfit.

Ulla said...

I bet the outfit was not used for much more than posing in photographs, it looks so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

She's adorable in her vintage silk outfit :)

Unknown said...

I think having a picture of family members in the outfit is a great idea!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

But you still ROCK girlfriend!

I love the picture!

I Am Woody said...

I love it! That is just too cute!

SmilingSally said...

It's a good idea to frame that special outfit. Thanks for sharing. Happy VTT Day.

Keeper Of All Things said...

Love it!!!

Chere said...

What a nice keepsake. When they frame your beautiful outfit, make sure they sew it to the back ground and not glue. It does not damage the material and it can be removed it need be. I have a quilt that has been in my family since the Civil War. When I had it framed, I learned a lot about preseving keepsakes.

Caution/Lisa said...

I always think it's interesting what things families value, and I LOVE it that all the cousins have worn that outfit. It's beautiful. How have you kept it looking so good?

Bea said...

How cool that so many of your family members have photos taken in that beautiful outfit. Maybe you could add them with the framed outfit.

Miri said...

What a wonderful story about a wonderful outfit!

Susan said...

It is cute to see someone new is joining in on the tradition.

gin said...

Those were so popular back then. My uncles brought those back too and those throw pillow covers for the couch from Okinawa and other places. They were silky like that. I bet you've seen them!!

jlshall said...

That's an adorable outfit! Of course, it would be nice to continue the tradition of passing it around the family for photo ops. But I can see why you'd want to preserve it by framing. What a great family story!

And, yes, don't let them glue it when it's framed.

Coloradolady said...

What a cute little outfit. I have a dress that I have kept through the years, I will have to share that one day too. Your little diva is adorable.

Anonymous said...

How precious! Don't forget to share it with us when you frame it. ~Kelly

unDeniably Domestic

SueLovesCherries said...

Absolutely beautiful! (both the outfit and the diva!) What a heritage!

Beca said...

Now that's a special outfit and what a sweet story.

littletoesandcheerios said...

That is so cool! I think a pretty frame would be an awesome way to keep and display it.

Snooty Primadona said...

That is just too cute! And, I love that it has provenance (a story) to go with it. I had gotten several Little Imp suits from the 40's that I dressed our son in... after his Dad & 2 uncles had worn them. Now, they've made the rounds of all the family & still are in great condition.

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture and such a treasured little outfit and story. Have a great weekend.

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

Wow! that vintage oriental outfit is truly very special!
Enjoyed your post and I know it will look fabulous framed!
Blessings to You!
Claudia O.