My Metabolic Rate Is Stuck

My Metabolic Rate Is Stuck

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Vintage Thingie THURSDAY...














It has been a LONG time since I 've particiapted in VTT....but today I will share my Vintage Clock.



The story is that... while we were visiting my Great Uncle Harley and Great Aunt Vie, I would sit and gaze on this old clock to the point where my Uncle gave it to me at the age of 2 years old. Back then, it even had the oringinal glass front to it that had gold painted Flamingos and scrolling on the glass. The glass got broken when my kids were somewhere between the ages of 6,7 and 9. I blame myself because I kept it too low for display and they were rough housing one day. I had the glass replaced...but miss the oringinal. The clock still works when it is wound up...but I keep it displayed so high that it is a pain to wind it every 4 days. Every once in a while I do climb up to wind it just so I can hear the chimes it makes and makes me smile....for days gone by.


JUST ADDED.....Go over to GrammaJ's for her "Low Carb" quick and easy cheese chips recipe http://www.askgrandmaj.blogspot.com/ For those of you that do not already know about this little bit of info....HAD to SHARE! BUT...MAKE SURE YOU WATCH it cooking, like she said to. I did'nt really listen to that part...(was too excited to get this posted while it was cooking)...IT may turn out like this;

You will also want to HEED HER ADVICE on using parchment paper....(I am out of that)...went to neighbors and borrowed some...turns out great! YUMMY TOO!


















16 reactions to todays post:

Caution/Lisa said...

I love the clock and the story. I had forgotten about VTT. I think I'm in next Thursday.

CC said...

Your clock is beautiful as is your story about it. It's too bad about the glass, but it's beautiful as it is. Happy VTT and have a lovely day.

Coloradolady said...

I love your clock and the story of how you got it. Imagine getting that at two years old! Thanks for sharing this with us today. Have a great VTT.

SmilingSally said...

Your clock is special. Thanks for sharing.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I love that clock~we have alot of clocks too~my father in law was a clock collector and has a nice collection. We have to decide what to do with them all.

Great idea on the post!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Sorry about all the posts~dummy on the keyboard I guess!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Such a lovely clock, with history to go along with it! Love the title of your blog, hehee, that's what happens to those of us past a certain age. I'm 57 now, and mine is deader than a doornail!

Mental P Mama said...

We had a clock like that...I love it. My brother has it now, and I get to visit it occasionally;)

Unknown said...

What a great clock. Too bad the glass broke, but that just adds to its story.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous clock..you knew what you wanted from a very young age lol!..shame about the glass :(

Anonymous said...

I have some mysterious attraction to old clocks also. We have a very nice one that got damaged moving across country. So sad.

Jennifer said...

The clock is beautiful, thanks for sharing.

SueLovesCherries said...

Oh, those chips are funny - I thought they were burnt paper plates!!!
My husband has a clock very similar to yours.

Mary Ellen said...

Thanks for the link to the recipe - I'm going to go make them right now.