My Metabolic Rate Is Stuck

My Metabolic Rate Is Stuck

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Back to work...

GREAT NEWS! I am going back to work for Bennetts Greenhouse beginning April 1st!
I can HARDLY WAIT!

http://www.bennettsgreenhouse.com/Resources/Helping_Hand_Brochures.htm

Every Spring, for about 8-12 weeks, I work as a Cashier at our local, 100 year old FAMILY OWNED Greenhouse!
I L O V E working here...and I have the B E S T boss (Dave)EVER!!!
During April and May each spring is there BUSIEST season! That is when EVERYONE from all over, come to buy their Seeds, Garden plants, Annuals and Perennials for the summer! Bennetts are known for the healthiest plants around and the most Knowledgeable staff! Of course they also have the Best selection of Roses, ground cover, bushes and trees! Oh, and a Landscaping Dept.
They bring in 2 extra registers, and we still have lines, with all 6 cash registers going! Usually by the end of May, 1st of June, the BIGGEST rush is over! And then I have the rest of the summer off!
I LOVE the work and It's SO MUCH FUN to work here! (Plus the discounts are GREAT too)
To me, there is nothing as Refreshing and Relaxing than to walk into the Greenhouse and smell all the plants and flowers!
OH. AND you would THINK, after working here for the past 8 years that I would have a BEAUTIFUL yard...FULL of FLOWERS! But, SORRY to say, that is NOT the case!
For 2-3 years I only planted annuals, because I kept thinking we might move!
So it wasn't till last year, that I started buying perennials. Also there is a LIMIT to what I can plant. We are surround by woods and MOSTLY SHADE! But I'm slowly working on a project now~! We'll just have to wait to see if it works out! :)
ABOVE on their website, there are some "Helping Hands" brochures that you can print out. GREAT INFO, if you are a beginning Gardener!

12 reactions to todays post:

Mental P Mama said...

Oh, are you lucky???

Unknown said...

I bet that's the best smelling work place ever!

mom x 2 said...

I wish I had a green thumb, mine is not green. at all. I guess I know where to come now when I have questions!

Unknown said...

I will come and work there with you. For free...I will bring a tent.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

what a wonderful job ~!!!!

j said...

Congratulations! I am so glad that you are happy.

littletoesandcheerios said...

What a pretty place to work, good for you!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I would be in hog heaven!

Treasia Stepp said...

Aww congratulations. That has got to be a wonderful job. As you said to smell them in the mornings would be wonderful.

Keeper Of All Things said...

I want some flowers!!!!

rachaelgking said...

I can't wait til I have a garden someday... Right now all we have is an herb box in the kitchen window of our apartment. Good luck!

Caution/Lisa said...

You just became my newest BFF! I have so many questions because I kill every plant and now think I should plant a garden for the first time ever.