Well, it's been awhile since I've posted anything on Vintage Thingies Thursdays...but decided to do so today!
If you would like to participate go over to COLORADO LADY
and sign in! Lots to see!
Since it is my mothers Birthday this month....I will show you the dress that she wore back in 1931 for her first Birthday Pictures!
I framed it recently just hoping it would preserve it a little longer.
The material is a pink light weight gauze with lace accents!
It is a little yellow from age...I was really afraid to even hand wash it! Now the little crocethed bonnet actually belonged to my Dad, (his Birthday is next month). AND NO- he did not have to wear it with the pink ribbon
Apparently my Grandmother (his mother) changed the ribbon for his younger sister when she was born.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
VINTAGE Thingies THURSDAY
AND WHY....does it say the Scheduled outage @ 4:00PM on Thursday (3-25)
TOday is (3-26)....picky picky picky! :)
Posted by Unknown at Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


22 reactions to todays post:
That is beautiful! My own mother was born in 1930, and I still have some of her things, too.
That is beautiful - and what a great way to display it...very unique. Joined your blog as a follower - nicely done and interesting as well!
Very nice and what wonderful memories.
Precious gown & bonnet.. so pretty actually.. babies with white dress and pink ribbons and bonnets always look prety..
thanks for sharing and Happy VTT..
I love it.
I had my christening Gown framed and hung up ......but then it never made it back up after we redid the living room .
I'm gonna have to look in to that. By the way..................LOVE MY APRON!!!!!!!!
Thank you soooooo much!!!!
How sweet to have your mom's little dress!! adorable.
Very lovely and I like the way you have them displayed.
It's beautiful!
It's beautiful! I love the way its framed :)
And I am glad to know I am not the only one confused about the outage thing.
very beautiful I have some things that were my moms when she was little but no clothing ...
That is a lovely set and wonderful that you framed it...now it will last longer and can be displayed!
This is a great way to display such a wonderful family treasure. I love how sweet and delicate that is.
Glad you shared this with us today....thanks for stopping by.
Have a great week.
~Suzanne
I love that you have preserved this-I must do the same with my 66 yr. old Christening robe.
Roslyn
What a gorgeous little dress and bonnet. Happy VTT..hope you have a lovely weekend.
OMGosh...you do have a treasure here. So smart of you to frame it..it makes a beautiful decorator item now..
Thanks for sharing..
bj
How lovely - and what a framing job. The presentation is superb.
I have a christening gown that has been in my family a long time, and had never considered having it framed.
that is awesome! What a wonderful family heirloom.
I thought CO Lady quit doing VTT?
now THAT is cool! Awesome that it use to belong to your dad :-)
What special pieces you have. And framing them is a great way to share them.
That is so sweet! :)
What a great treasure to have.
What gorgeous treasures..i love how you framed them :)
Gorgeous, I love that you have framed it, oh how delicate. You are quite lucky to have such a treasure.
Post a Comment